An essay on advertising can be related to such disciplines as psychology, economics, or even marketing. Your advertising essays can focus on different topics such as the analysis of an advertisement or the development of an advertising strategy for a company. This article offers you various tips on writing such papers. If you take them into account, you will cope with such assignments easily.
Advertising Essay: How to Analyze the Work of Others
Essay writing can hardly be separated from analysis and evaluation of other people’s work. Quite often, you might need to discuss the advertisements or advertisement strategies used by various companies. When you have to do such a task, you need to answer several important questions:
- What are the most distinctive features of the product or services that the company offers?
- What are the demographic and psychographic characteristics of people who may be interested in this product?
- Can the company’s advertisements appeal to both viewers and listeners?
- Do these advertisements increase customers’ awareness of the product?
- How does the company target potential customers?
Certainly, you will not always have to include all these questions in your advertising essay, but if you learn those answers, they will help get a better understanding of the topic.
Advertising Essay: A Pool of Handy Tips
Writing an essay requires critical thinking, attention to details, and analytical thinking. If you take the following steps, you will write a much better paper. This is what you should do:
- Identify the main thesis that you intend to propose. Think of some examples that support your point of view.
- Explain the theories that may be relevant to the topic of your paper.
- Single out the main ideas that you want to discuss in your paper.
- Come up with a list of sources that you will use in your advertising essay.
- If you have to map out an advertising strategy, put forward your major recommendations and explain how they can help a company.
- Write a brief conclusion that summarizes the key points that you have discussed. Moreover, in this section, you should also explain the importance of these questions for advertisers.
- Carefully proofread this paper before turning it in.
Advertising Essay: Thinking Strategically
Overall, a well-written advertising essay demonstrates that a person understands the industry in which a company operates, and its customers. It is a great chance to demonstrate one’s strategic thinking and critical analysis. If you approach this paper as a challenge, you will see that it is an interesting and thought-provoking task.